PHMSA Coaches Page
- 2016 Coaches Manual
- Coach Volunteer Info and Equipment Pickup Form
- Coach Signup
- Coach Training Dates
- Practice Information
- Interested in coaching?
- Online Safe Haven Certification
- How to Line a Soccer Field
- AYSO INCIDENT REPORT FORM
- Soccer Accident Insurance (SAI) Claim Forms & Brochures Use in the event of Injury, Incident or Property Damage
- U8-U14 Game Feedback Form for coaches to highlight issues and to give positive feedback.
- Additional Forms and files
1) All players must have shinguards with socks over them. No hard metal objects in hair. No jewelry. No hard casts.
2) You must have the player medical waivers and field permits with you at every training session and game.
3) You cannot use PHMSA equipment (goals, nets and corner flags) for training sessions. These can only be used under the supervision of a certified referee.
4) You must use the field you are assigned. You cannot use any other field.
5) You cannot invite player’s friends. All players must be on your roster with a valid medical release form.
Coach Training & Events
Important Dates: See our news
To sign-up for a class, go to http://www.eayso.org and log-in using your volunteer user name and password and select enroll to take a class from the menu.
On the next screen enter the roster number in the roster number field and then press search.
When the class appears, select the class by clicking in the far left field and then press the course signup button.
SAFE HAVEN TRAINING
Please remember that all coaches must have completed safe haven training.
This training can be completed online at http://www.aysotraining.org.
You will need to know your AYSO ID number to complete this training. Your AYSO number can be found on the menu page of http://www.eayso.org once you log in.
Equipment Hand Out:
Interested in coaching?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to be a coach! Please complete the following 3 steps in order to be eligible to coach a team.
AYSO requires that all volunteers register each year. We ask volunteers to go to eAYSO, enter your username and password and update your profile information. The link to eAYSO can be found on the Web Links page of this website. You should then print down 2 copies of your volunteer registration, sign and return to your region which is PHMSA. If you are a new volunteer, please also submit a copy of your driver’s license. If the current season registration nights have not yet occurred, you can turn in your forms there. The other options are to hand them to your division coordinator or coach administrator or mail in your registration to PHMSA, 52 Golf Club Rd. #252 Pleasant Hill, CA 94523. We will then verify you as a volunteer.
Secondly you need to be Safe Haven certified. You can complete this online but you will need to have your AYSO ID number handy when you log on. The link is at the very bottom of this page. Please make sure you complete the Safe Haven Coach module since there are a number of other modules there.
If you are a new volunteer, you may not yet have an active AYSO ID number. PHMSA does offer classroom Safe Haven courses a number of times at the beginning of the season. Please inquire with the division coordinator or regional coach administrator.
Finally, all coach volunteers should be certified at the age level they are coaching. PHMSA provides a number of opportunities to get training. You may also attend training at other AYSO regions. You can get more information regarding coach courses from your division coordinator, regional coach administrator or go online to eAYSO and click on “Enroll to take a class.”
Attached is the Coach Training Matrix describing offered classes and pre-requisites for each course.
It is important that you complete the above 3 items as a volunteer for PHMSA in order to be protected under the Volunteer Protection Act of 1997.
(reference – Section 1450B, subsection (a) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_Protection_Act)
Questions, corrections, requests? Please contact the coach administrator email@example.com
New AYSO Coach Training Policy
Debuting in 2010:
AYSO has announced important steps to ensure that every AYSO child has the best possible soccer learning experience. Beginning on Aug. 1, 2010, coaches and assistant coaches in the U-6 division in every AYSO Region will be required to have AYSO’s age – appropriate training and AYSO Safe Haven certification when they take the field. The policy was approved and adopted by the National Board of Directors at their July 2009 meeting and is supported by the National Coaching Advisory Commission.
The new coach training policy will roll forward each year adding one additional level of required age-specific coach training until, by the membership year, every AYSO coach and assistant coach at every level will be appropriately trained for the team they will coach.
AYSO Certification/Training Policy
Starting August 1, 2009, the new coach certification/training policy will be in effect. The new policy requires all AYSO coaches and assistant coaches who wish to coach in the National Games, concurrent secondary play competitions or nationally sanctioned AYSO tournaments to be trained at the level of the team they coach.
Here is the minimum required certification for each age level:
Division – Minimum Required Certification
U-10 = U-10 Coach
U-12 = U-12 Coach
U-14 = Intermediate Coach
U-16 & U-19 = Advanced Coach
Online Safe Haven Certification
All Coaches and Referees who have not previously taken the Safe Haven class must take it online. AYSO National Safe Haven Certification
- Lineup Cards
- Training/Practice Tools
- Field Setup
- 2014 House Martinez Fields (1.7 MiB)
- 2014 House PH Parks Permits (393.5 KiB)
- 2014 MDUSD House Permit (2.6 MiB)
- 2015 Interplay Collection Form (98.9 KiB)
- AYSO Incident Report Form (877.9 KiB)
- AYSO Insurance Forms (169.0 KiB)
- How To Line A Soccer Field (269.3 KiB)
- Instructions For Registering For Coach Courses (14.2 KiB)
- Lineup Card (98.5 KiB)
- PHMSA Coach Mentoring Program Letter (58.0 KiB)
- PHMSA Coaching Manual 2015 (1.3 MiB)
- U8-U14 Game feedback form (20.0 B)